Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Back to Ant

Now with apache ivy, there's no need for maven, and I can easily rewrite Ant targets in xml without diving into extending maven. However, I still miss maven's "Convention over Configuration", and I hate reconfiguring every single war file, when using ANT+IVY combo. Gradle looked promising, but hey, when will I stop learning new build systems ? How many build system available and all of them address one single problem. If ant+ivy can do it, then they are good enough for me.

Plus, I was hit with gradle limitation, the third day I started using it and tried to extend it.

runnig task programmatically

To me, nothing is more transparent than ant and easier to customize, except those repetitive configurations.

May be it's the time for a simple antlib that saves me for writing those configuration again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment